French onion chicken mixed with juicy flat chicken, caramelized onion broth and three types of melted Italian cheese. This 30 minute meal can be a staple in your home!
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons beef broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian blend herbs/Italian seasoning (OR 1/4 teaspoon dried basil + 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme + 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
- fresh thyme or parsley and cracked black pepper for topping (optional)
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to bake at four hundred stages OR broil on low. In a huge oven-secure skillet (see be aware) over medium-high warmth, melt butter. Add onions and 3 tablespoons red meat broth and saute onions for three-4 mins until translucent. Continue to cook, stirring sometimes so the onions don’t burn, for about 15 minutes longer till browned and very soft. Use tongs or a fork to transfer to a bowl and cover to keep heat.
- While onions are cooking, put together the bird by using drizzling with oil, then seasoning with salt and pepper (to flavor) and Italian herbs. Once onions have finished cooking and are eliminated from the pan, prepare dinner fowl for four-5 minutes on each side (do not clean out the pan among the onions and bird) until browned on each aspects. (Chicken might not be fully cooked thru but, this is ok).
- Transfer bird to a plate and cover to maintain heat and go back the onions to the pan. Sprinkle flour over the onions and stir for 1 minute over medium-excessive warmth. Add red meat broth and keep to cook dinner, stirring all through, until mixture involves a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Return fowl to pan and spoon some of the sauce over every piece of chook.
- Top fowl with one slice of provolone every, then one slice of swiss, then 1/four of the parmesan cheese. Transfer skillet on your preheated oven and cook dinner for approximately 10 mins until chicken is cooked thru absolutely and cheeses are melted.
- More …
- Category: Main Course