Sunday meal prep has been my jam currently, and I’m so thrilled to be growing my collection of casseroles which are clean to throw together and may assembled some days beforehand of time.
Not to mention, if you find yourself with some mashed potatoes, this dinner will be effortless.
I always have Tyson Chicken Strips handy due to the fact my daughter is enthusiastic about them. But I genuinely want to locate exclusive methods to incorporate them into new recipes, like this mashed potato casserole proper right here, which my family loves ― Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken
How to Make the Best Mashed Potatoes
Use a Starchy Potato:
- Russets or Yukon Golds are perfect for mashing.
- Using waxy potatoes including pink or new potatoes can purpose your mashed potatoes to have a gluey
- consistency in place of being satisfactory and creamy.
Leave the Skins on for Boiling:
- This offers them more taste.
- They take in much less water this way.
- They may be capable of take in the dairy better.
Use COLD Water:
- Add potatoes to a cool saline solution before boiling.
- Using warm/warm water will reason the out of doors of the potato to warmness up earlier than the center
- does, with the intention to purpose uneven cooking.
Don’t Add Cold Ingredients to Warm Potatoes:
- Make sure your butter is completely softened.
- Make positive that your milk/half of and half is warmed up barely earlier than being introduced.
- The potatoes will soak up them higher this way and they may turn out to be lots creamier.
Add the Butter Before the Dairy:
- The butter helps to coat the starch and gives you a silkier consistency.
- Potatoes launch starch each time they’re treated/mashed.
- The consistency becomes gluey as opposed to creamy if they are dealt with too much.
- Frozen peas, carrots, corn, and green beans make terrific vegetable options in this casserole!
- Prepare home made potatoes and keep for a 1-2 days an airtight field.
- Grate the cheese in advance of time and hold it in a small garage bag inside the fridge.
When Ready to Bake:
Heat up the potatoes. (On stove or in microwave)
Top with frozen corn, cheese, and hen.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Prepare the gravy.
Drizzle the gravy over the casserole and serve!
Leftovers may be saved in an hermetic box within the fridge and are excellent if used inside three days.
You can reheat inside the microwave or in an oven at 350 levels Fahrenheit.
You can also freeze leftovers in an hermetic container, it’s high-quality if used inside 3 months.
FOR HOMEMADE MASHED POTATOES:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup half and half, warmed
- 5 medium Russet Potatoes, of equal size
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- .87 oz. packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 5 cups mashed potatoes
- 6 Tyson Chicken Strips
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Rinse the potatoes very well and pat them dry. Leave the skins on.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of COLD and salted water, enough water to submerge them with the aid of 1 inch. Use 1 heaping teaspoon for every quart of water.
- Bring the potatoes to a mild boil and keep this boil until they’re fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes. Hold them with a pot holder and peel off the skins. Return them to the pot.
- Add the completely softened butter and mash them to desired consistency.
- Warm the half and 1/2 inside the microwave for 30 seconds and stir it into the mashed potatoes.
- More …
- Category: MAIN COURSE
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
- Calories: 757kcal
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 2418mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 111g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 104mg