Chicken and mushroom wine sauce is light, delicious, and easy to use for a family dinner on the weekend, and is sufficient for a stylish dinner with your best company.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large springs of fresh thyme
- 2 large shallots, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and thick sliced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut diagonally into cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water or broth
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth, low sodium
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pat the chook breasts dry with paper towels. Cut every breast in half of diagonally into 2 thinner cutlets. Alternately, vicinity the fowl breasts among sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an excellent thickeness.
- In a shallow bowl integrate the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet. Heat over medium until the butter is melted. Dredge 3 hen cutlets inside the flour combination, coating both aspects, shaking off the extra flour. Add the covered hen to the skillet and prepare dinner until gently browned, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook some other 3-five minutes. Remove the cooked bird to a plate and cowl to maintain warm. Repeat till all chicken is browned.
- Add last 2 tablespoons butter to the pan and warmth until melted. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, undistrubed, until the mushrooms are properly browned on one facet. Stir and flip the mushrooms and hold cooking until the moisture is launched and evaporated, and the mushrooms are all properly browned.
- More …